Privacy and cookie statement
The proper handling of personal information is extremely important to us. We therefore take great care when processing and protecting your personal information. This is done in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Data Protection Act.
To ensure your privacy as far as possible, we adhere to the following core values:
- Information. We wish to inform you about why and how we process personal information. This is described in our privacy and cookie statement.
- Limited collection. We take great care to limit the information we collect to only that which is necessary for our services.
- No personal marketing without prior consent. We will never share your personal information for marketing purposes without your express prior permission.
- Security. We take the appropriate measures to secure your personal information and require the same from the parties that process your information on our behalf.
- Right of access and correction. We respect your right to access, correct, or delete your personal information.
This privacy and cookie statement describes how we implement these core values and how we respect and protect your right to privacy. We strongly urge you to read this statement carefully.
This statement was last updated on 10 November 2014.
Use of personal information
We only store and use personal information that has been directly provided by you or information that is clearly intended to be processed by us upon provision.
We may obtain personal information in the following ways:
- You can actively provide us with your personal details in our stores, when placing an online order, by e-mail, or by phone.
- You can passively provide us with personal information, as our systems automatically register certain actions. When using our website, for example, your IP address is automatically saved in the web server logs, as is customary with almost all websites.
- Other visitors to our website can enter your personal information in order to send you an e-mail about a product, for instance.
Purposes of data processing
The personal information we collect is exclusively used for the following purposes:
- to process your order
- to generate statistics that help us to optimise our website and marketing policy
- to create and send personalised offers with your prior consent
- to meet our legal obligations
Types of personal information
We can process the following personal information you provide:
- date of birth
- e-mail address
- phone number
- payment details
- IP address
Disclosure to third parties
In order to process your order and to ensure that our website is secure and up to date, we may share your personal information with third parties. We demand that all third parties handle your personal information with care and limit the disclosure of this information as much as possible.
We will not share your personal information with parties that are not directly involved in the execution of your contract unless you have given your express permission or we are required to do so by law.
We take the necessary security measures to limit unauthorised access to and misuse of your personal information. We back up our information to a secure location and strive to encrypt this information if feasible and useful. Our network connections are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This coding system ensures that all information you send to our systems over the internet remains confidential.
Personal information is not stored for longer than is necessary for the execution of our contract with you, except in cases where the law directly prohibits the removal of said information.
To provide you with the best possible information, we have listed the various application possibilities below. A distinction has been made between the various application functions.
|Social media interaction||AddThis
|Facebook Social Plugins|
|Analyze and identify visitor behaviour||Demandware Analytics
|Optimise website||Google Tag Manager|
|Display and analyze advertisements||AdScale
Androit Digital Solutions
Google AdWords Conversion
Media Optimizer (Adobe)
Permanent cookies allow us to recognise you during subsequent visits to our website. This allows us to tailor the website to your preferences. Cookies also help us remember whether you have given us permission to place cookies. This means you do not have to update your cookie preference during each visit, which saves you time and creates a more pleasant user experience. You can delete permanent cookies in your browser settings.
Session cookies allow us to see which website components you viewed during your visit. This helps us tailor our services to the surfing behaviour of our visitors. These cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
Right to access and delete your information
You have the right to access, correct, and delete your personal information. See our contact information at the end of this privacy and cookie statement. To prevent misuse, we may ask you to identify yourself. When accessing personal information linked to a cookie, we ask that you send a copy of the cookie in question. This can be found in your browser settings.
Enabling, disabling, and deleting cookies
More information about enabling, disabling, and deleting cookies can be found in the instructions and/or in the Help section of your browser.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
We reserve the right to make changes to this privacy and cookie statement. To stay updated on the latest changes, we recommend consulting this statement regularly.
Privacy Statement My Rituals programme
Rituals Cosmetics Belgium bvba offers you the opportunity to participate in its My Rituals loyalty programme. This will allow you to receive customised offers and gifts when you register with us and purchase Rituals products at our digital and physical stores in Belgium on a regular basis. When participating, your privacy is ensured. In this privacy statement, you can find how Rituals handles your personal information.:
Our processing adheres to the requirements imposed by the Law of 8 December 1992 concerning the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal information. This means, among other things, that we:
- clearly state for which purposes we process your personal information. We do this by means of this privacy statement;
- limit our collection of personal information to only such personal information as is required for legitimate purposes;
- first ask you for your express consent to process your personal information in those cases for which your consent is required;
- take suitable security measures to protect your personal information and demand the same from parties who process personal information on our behalf;
- respect your rights to give you access to view, correct or remove your personal information.
When registering for the loyalty programme, Rituals will ask you for customer information, such as your name and (email) address. This is used for administrative purposes and in order to be able to send you offers by mail, email and through other channels, as indicated during the registration. You can stop these offers at any time.
When making purchases under the loyalty programme, Rituals registers the details of the purchase, as well as the date and location, as part of with your customer information. In this way, Rituals builds an interest profile in order to be able to select products that could be relevant for you. These products are the basis for the special offers and gifts that are part of the programme.
Contact form and newsletter
We offer a newsletter which we use to inform interested persons about our products and/or services. Every newsletter contains a link via which you can unsubscribe. Your email address is only added to the list of subscribers with your explicit consent.
When you complete a contact form on the website or send us an email, the information you send us is stored for as long as this is required for the full response and processing thereof, depending on the nature of the form or the contents of your email.
Rituals ensures the adequate protection of your personal information. It uses state of the art technology in order to prevent security breaches and abuse of your personal information. Should your personal information come to be possessed by unauthorised persons due to a security breach or some other unexpected event, Rituals will inform you regarding this and take all measures to which it is obligated under the law.
Review and correction
You have the right to review your registered information and to have it corrected or removed. You can do this by logging into your account. If you have any questions, or feel that something is missing, please contact the Rituals customer service desk at +32 2400 1320. Removal of your information is only possible by terminating your participation in the loyalty programme.
Changes in this privacy statement
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement. We recommend that you review this privacy statement regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
1017 DW Amsterdam
+31 (0)20-709 10 96
CoC number: 59751061
VAT number: NL853629729B01