In the year 2000 founder Raymond Cloosterman started his adventure from a deeply rooted passion: “I passionately believe that we can transform our daily routines into more meaningful moments if we pay just a little bit more attention to the details. This philosophy led to a unique concept of combining home and body cosmetics, and this is how RITUALS... was born. With a luxurious collection of high quality products to enrich body and soul we offer anything from body and facial care to scented candles, clothing, perfumes, gemstone make-up, and tea."
Raymond Cloosterman founder of Rituals Cosmetics
Authentic & Eastern
The collections are based on Eastern traditions. Each ancient wisdom has its own specifically selected ingredients and distinctive benefits. We combine these with innovative technologies to create a unique way of experiencing these ancient Eastern traditions, such as your own private Hammam, balancing your Yin and Yang energies with Tao or immersing in the Ayurvedic philosophy with your tea, body scrub or aromatic oils.
THIS IS IMPORTANT TO US
- • It goes without saying that our products are never tested on animals but instead are tested by enthusiastic human volunteers. We believe that sufficient high-performing, quality and safe ingredients are available without the need of testing on animals.
- • We support ‘Proefdiervrij’, the Dutch Society for Replacement of Animal Testing.
- • All our products are tested with good results by prominent dermatologists.
- • All products comply with the world’s highest quality standards and strictest regulations. Rituals continuingly strives to optimize the use of materials that are natural, renewable and not harmful to the environment.
- • We even decided to remove harmful substances pro-actively, for example; parabens, phthalates and MIT.
- • All our products are 100% free of microbeads.
- • We use packaging that is recyclable and where possible biodegradable. All paper used in our shopping bags, design cartons and giftsets is PEFC certified, and the wood used for our caps and holders is from sustainably managed forests (FSC certified). Our hotel line packaging is made of biodegradable plastic and we introduce more and more refill versions of our products to reduce waste. Furthermore, the company does not use PVC in any packaging materials.
- • To keep our carbon footprint on the environment as small as possible we manufacture the majority of our products in Europe.
- • We have agreed to abide by moral and ethical values. We expect our third party suppliers to respect and adhere to the same philosophy in their own companies. We require strict compliance with these standards on the part of all our suppliers, their factories, subcontractors, as well as their own suppliers. Part of these standards is that we do not allow any forced labor or child labor. We expect our suppliers to treat their employees with respect and dignity.
RITUALS... feeling at home in the world
We have now over 400 stores located worldwide. So it is safe to say that we feel at home almost anywhere in the world. You can also find our products through our web shop, at almost 1400 concessions within leading department stores worldwide, onboard airlines and in 25.000 hotel rooms. We have four Urban Spas and we intend to keep expanding - spreading life’s simple pleasures as we grow.